If you are looking to consume marijuana for the first time and do not know where to start, you are not alone. Reports have shown that demand and consumption of legal marijuana have skyrocketed across the US in recent months, partly as a result of people spending more time at home.
Whether it is for mental health reasons or recreational reasons, it is important to know the different ways to consume marijuana and the merits of each method. Marijuana is an incredibly versatile plant, with countless different ways to consume cannabis, often with different effects. If you are wondering how to use marijuana, here are some of the most popular consumption methods today, and why you should consider trying them out.
1. Ways to Consume Marijuana: Inhalation
By far the most popular way to consume cannabis is inhalation. This usually means smoking, but there are other ways to consume marijuana via inhalation. If you are wondering how to smoke marijuana, these are the best ways to go about it:
- Joints: A joint is just ground up weed rolling into a piece of joint paper and smoked like a cigarette.
- Blunts: A blunt is like a joint, but uses cigar paper and is usually much larger than a joint.
- Pipes/Bongs: Pipes or bongs allow you to put the marijuana directly into an apparatus and smoke it directly, usually giving a stronger effect.
- Vapes: If you would rather avoid inhaling harsh smoke, you can use a vape to heat up your weed and smoke it as a light vapor.
2. Ways to Consume Marijuana: Oral
If you are wondering how to consume cannabis without smoking, you might be pleased to know that you can ingest it orally via some tasty cannabis foodstuffs. If you want to learn more about some of the hottest edible marijuana items you can get in the US, take a look at the nationwide Rollin Now store to see what you can get. Some of the most popular oral forms of marijuana ingestion are:
- Edibles: Brownies, gummy bears, spaghetti carbonara, beer – and food you can think of is probably available as a weed edible.
- Ingestable oils: You can take simple pills or capsules that often resemble fish oil tablets that contain CBD or THC.
- Tinctures: These are created by absorbing cannabis in alcohol and using a dropper to places drops under the tongue. This usually leads to rapid onset effects and is not for beginners.
3. Ways to Consume Marijuana: Topical
If you are looking to consume marijuana as a way of relieving pain caused by conditions such as arthritis, then your doctor may recommend topical consumption. This is when you apply medical marijuana creams and oils directly to the skin and rub it in.
This will not stimulate any kind of high, but it will offer the kind of pain relief you are looking for if you apply the cream directly to the affected area.
Lifestyle Hacks at Your Fingertips
Now that you know the main ways to consume marijuana, you can learn more about the latest life hacks trends that matter in 2021 and beyond. Make sure to check out our expertly curated Lifestyle section for the latest tips and guidance on how to level up your lifestyle in the year ahead.