If you suffer from ED, take comfort in knowing that you aren’t alone. Erectile dysfunction (ED) affects nearly 20% of the US population of males. Men with hypertension and diabetes are at even greater risk, with diabetic males being diagnosed with ED at a rate of up to 50%.
The good news is male enhancement pills can help. That’s right: you don’t have to keep dealing with the devastating symptoms of ED.
And here’s the secret about male enhancement pills: you don’t need a prescription to get them. The best sex enhancer medications are made with all-natural ingredients. That way, you don’t have to worry about if what you’re ingesting is safe.
Curious about male enhancement pills and want to know how to choose the best ones? Then you need to keep reading because this article is for you.
What is a Male Enhancement Pill?
Male enhancement pills are used primarily in the treatment of erectile dysfunction. As we mentioned above, these pills are available over-the-counter at local natural food or supplement stores and online. You don’t even need a prescription because male enhancement pills are 100% natural.
For example, Alpha Male Plus sells its brand of male enhancement pills online. That way, you won’t have to leave your home to find relief from erectile dysfunction.
You may be wondering: what exactly is erectile dysfunction? And how do you know if you’re suffering from it? Keep reading because we’re about to tell you the answers to these questions and more.
Erectile Dysfunction and its Symptoms
Erectile dysfunction is defined in the medical community as an inability to get and/or maintain an erection. Specifically, the inability to get and/or maintain an erection that’s hard enough for intercourse.
You may be dealing with erectile dysfunction if you have one or more of the following symptoms:
- Inability to get hard
- Inability to stay hard
- Loss of libido (desire for sex)
So far, it’s unclear exactly why men develop ED. This disorder often runs in families, which suggests a genetic component. Indeed, men with genetically smaller blood vessels tend to have higher rates of ED, pointing to another possible cause: poor blood flow.
ED also occurs more commonly in men with mental health conditions like anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, and other stress-related conditions. For this reason, many researchers point to stress or performance anxiety as a cause of ED.
While scientists continue to research the exact causes of ED, there are some risk factors that may influence this disorder.
Erectile Dysfunction Risk Factors
Health risk factors of developing ED include:
- Current or former smokers
- Men with a BMI of 30 or more
- Sedentary men
- Men with a history of heart disease
- Men with a history of benign prostate enlargement
- Men with a history of prostate cancer
Age, education, and socioeconomic status also impact the development of ED.
Older men are more likely to develop ED than are younger men. Men who received a lower education level and are of lower socioeconomic status (a measure of cardiovascular disorders) were also more likely to have ED.
Male Enhancement Pill Buying Guide
The best male enhancement pills treat both the mental and the physical aspects of ED.
First, that means creating an environment for firmer, healthier erections. Good ED medications have ingredients that help dilate blood vessels to encourage healthy blood flow.
Second, that means alleviating any stress or performance anxiety that could be impairing erections and sexual desire.
How could one male enhancement pill do all that? By harnessing a cornucopia of all-natural ingredients that are proven to work. Here are a few of the ingredients to look for in a good male enhancement pill.
L-arginine and horny goat weed are two of the top choices for treating ED the natural way. These two herbs address the physical aspects of ED. Here’s how:
- L-Arginine This amino acid may have only been around since the 1800s, but it’s long been known to help treat erectile dysfunction by dilating blood vessels. One study found that 3 months of L-arginine supplementation alleviated erectile dysfunction symptoms in over 92% of participants.
- Horny Goat Weed Also known as epimedium, horny goat weed is a Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) that has been used to treat sexual dysfunctions for centuries. Erectile dysfunction is no exception. Scientists haven’t figured out how this all-natural herb works yet, but they think it interacts with hormones to encourage healthy blood flow.
In addition to these two ingredients, any good male enhancement pill should include an aphrodisiac. Aphrodisiacs are ancient remedies for low sex drive whose benefits have been proved time and time again. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Tribulus terrestris A TCM and Ayurvedic herb, naturally-derived Tribulus terrestris extract has long been used to treat problems with libido. In a study of men with reduced sex drive, men taking this herb for two months reported a 79% higher desire for sex.
- Damiana Though there’s little research to support its benefits, people have been using the damiana plant as an all-natural aphrodisiac for centuries.
- Catuaba Bark The Catuaba tree grows in the heart of the Brazilian rainforest and is another aphrodisiac that’s been around since ancient times.
- Muria Puama Another ancient aphrodisiac, emerging research suggests that this plant extract may, in fact, be beneficial for boosting sex drive.
- Maca Root Maca root is a natural supplement that’s fantastic for your overall health. There’s also some evidence that maca helps reduce stress, which is one of the biggest contributors to low libido.
The Final Word on Enhancement Pills for Men
Now that you know how to choose the best male enhancement pills, you can shop with confidence.
Don’t let a lack of a prescription hold you back – now is the time to take charge of your health!
Looking for more advice like this? Keep scrolling for more educational articles on the topics you care about most!